Burma

It has been a long time since I've posted anything. I've been working hard recently on getting some writing done on another project and just haven't had the emotional, spiritual, physical energy to try to reflect intelligently in this space.

Ha. I know some of you are thinking I never reflected intelligently before! :)

I'm still in the middle of the other project, so I won't be updating this regularly, but we had an interesting worship service yesterday. The International Church Sunday activities take place next to the Burmese Embassy here in Bangkok.

About 15 minutes before worship started yesterday, we heard the chanting of protests against the Burmese junta. Of course, some of our own people were with those protesting. As we worshipped we added our "Amens" to support the calls for justice and peace.

I have to admit though that in situations like this I wonder if peace and justice go together. Ideally they would, but when you are dealing with a regime that has no problem killing unarmed, non violent protestors... and then cutting off media so that no one knows about it? I wonder what Jesus would do. And, no, that's not a rhetorical question.

Popular Posts