When it's good to be pastor

There have been some wonderful things recently...

- One of our members told me on Sunday that she is really reading the Bible for the first time. She said she'd read it before, but always read quickly. Our little group on Sunday mornings has taught her to slow down. She's loving it.

- Another member has been looking for work for some time. He thinks he's got something lined up. Praise God. Just in time too as he now has his four kids living with him.

- I went into the week with no solid volunteers to help with our booth at Living in Bangkok (big expat fair this weekend). I was about to email and text message when I stopped to pray first. Now I have seven people lined up to help.

- We have a painting party going on Saturday as well. About 10 people are expected to help finish a rehab on a property in the slum which will become a bakery. This is a homegrown microenterprise birthed out of the Klong Toey Community Center. The cool thing is it is coming FROM the residents of Klong Toey. There is even a microfinance aspect with a Thai twist. Cool.

- Communion Sunday Night was one of THE most powerful communions I've ever experienced. Sunday morning got mixed reviews. I used a Celtic liturgy which made some folks uncomfortable. (If you were uncomfortable, don't worry, it isn't going to be a regular thing - but it's good to get stretched every now and then. :-))

- Someone donated 9 laptops to the Community Center. I'm trying to figure them out now. They are one of these microenterprises... "One Child, One Computer" things. Designed for the developing world. Each computer is only $180 USD. The only downside is they could get a full blown mini laptop for $250 USD. I wonder if the savings is worth it?

Popular Posts