Notes from life

Just because I haven't posted any lately - does NOT mean life has been boring. Actually it's been exciting and mostly in a good way.

I met a couple today that have been dating for eight years. That's awesome. Too often I'm approached by people that get married too soon. Perhaps eight years is a bit long. But it's good to see people not in a rush. Wedding is scheduled for April of 2009. Perhaps I'll be invited to be part of their special day.

Two weeks ago I heard that a wedding I was very much nervous about (had bad feelings) was called off by the bride. The groom showed his true colors. Thank God.

I had a lot of fun with last week's sermon. In it (this was not the only point) I suggested that God was mischievous and valued playfulness. I'm a little disturbed by the number of people who told me afterwards that they like being mischievous and 'thanks' for permission. Yikes. I hope too many practical jokes don't come my way!

God bless.

PS. Let's pray for Thailand. We've got a lot of tension. We've got one of the world's worst dictators on one border (Burma). We've got military escalation on another (Cambodia). We've got Muslim extremists in the south killing Buddhists. And we've got political tensions here in Bangkok with the PAD occupying government house now for so long I can't remember. Peace and Justice for all. That's my prayer.

Popular Posts