The power to twist words

My son Jake, who is 3 and a half, got a report card from his preschool this week. One of the items listed to make us feel good about him was that he was a "loyal friend". That means a month ago he clocked another kid who was pushing his best friend! I guess that's good. I suppose it depends on if his friend deserved it.

I'm always amazed at how adept people (including me) are at twisting things around to make ourselves look good. I wonder if I do that when I pray. Do I try to twist stuff when I talk with God to make myself look better? I catch myself doing it in conversation sometimes not even intentionally. I think one of the real "tricks" to prayer is learning how to really be open and honest with God. Perhaps that's one reason it takes some time. You have to figure out how to get past all the BS.

Popular Posts