Staying or leaving

All the buzz at church over the last few weeks has been about staying or leaving. The Student Christian Center approached us about moving our Sunday activities back to their location. At some levels it sounds very good. It would be substantially cheaper. The venue is very cozy. So cozy in fact that we could not make the move in one worship service. That would suit me well. I'd like to go to two services. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one though. :) A move would force the issue. The church has a history of meeting at the Student Christian Center to make it even more attractive. So the Church Council was enthusiastic. The Church council subcommitee was enthusiastic.

BUT - when we met for an afternoon service there were problems I didn't anticipate. For one - traffic in and out of the parking lot was one way. This would create a major headache each Sunday as people tried to enter and leave between services.

The sound in the auditorium was great for singing and really bad for speaking. Since I'm the preacher - it was terrible.

A few weeks ago I thought the move was likely and a good idea. After experiencing it and some prayer - I'm feeling less and less like this is a good move. Funny how that works. It's not up to me, but I suspect we are staying put.

Popular Posts