Sermon Links and Sunday Reflections

It's been a while since I've posted. I hibernated (was overwhelmed) after Kelly's death. But life will start getting back to normal. Here are two sermons and a few thoughts from yesterday.

* Sermon from June 7 (i know its a week late.)
* Sermon from Kelly's Memorial (it was one of the best memorial services I've ever been a part of. Unfortunately I only have my own text. A couple of Kelly's friends and especially Kelly's sister really hit home runs with what they had to say.)
* Sorry no link yet for THIS Sunday's sermon. I'll post it next week. I'm one week behind on Sunday nights. So I can't give the link or I'd give the sermon away! :)

Sunday Morning Reflections
(1) Despite the beginning of Intl School Holidays, we had a pretty good crowd at church in the morning. And we had visitors. We haven't really had many visitors recently. I guess with the economy and political situation less foreigners are moving to BKK. Hope Sundays surge of visitors is a sign of things to come.

(2) Choir has picked a great opening song for June. They are singing Micah 6:8. Beautiful.

(3) Gill always does great children's stories. Your children are missing out if they aren't at ICB.

(4) I preached a little longer than normal and made a spelling error in my powerpoint. As far as I know - only one person caught it. Probably others were just being polite. I don't mind being told.

(5) Enjoyed lunch with Joel, Malcolm, Betsy, Jennifer, Laura, Jake and Anna.

Sunday Night Reflection
(1) Where was everyone? Was it Intl School Holiday? (I don't think so.) Was it the rain? Maybe. Marion says when it rains in Kenya, no one comes. I'd say in the US we'd see 20% decline in attendance. I think BKK is about 30% decline, particularly at night.

(2) Always good singing when Den is around. And Marion and Aiko brought it too.

(3) Rob Bell's "Dust" is one of my favorites. Spurred great discussion.

(4) Looking forward to having Bernice as the worship welcomer/leader. I love it when people volunteer.

(5) It was good getting to chat with Nicole and Grahame a bit. I feel like I need a better follow up system in the evenings.

Popular Posts