Sunday Reflections (on Monday) and Sermon Link

Sermon link from yesterday.

(1) Yesterday was the hardest worship service I've ever had to lead.
(2) I think announcing Kelly's death was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
(3) I haven't cried in church since I announced I was leaving Baptist Temple over 5 years ago. And that was a totally different situation.
(4) Appreciated the strong support from the church. It was a hard sermon to preach. It was probably hard to hear as well.

SUBJECT CHANGE
(5) The kids were awfully cute in their Pentecost tongues of fire hats (Acts 2). Couldn't have done it without our new "pastoral associate". Pastor Emerlinda did a great job.
(6) It was good to say "thank you" to the people who've taught Sunday school in the past year. The "thank you" was from the church, but also from me personally (I have two kids you know).
(7) The 252Basics promo video was great to tying a number of themes together yesterday.
(8) "Parents who allow their children’s sports schedules to govern their times of worship are INSANE!!! One day your child will stand before Jesus…and He will not be obsessed with how well he or she can kick a soccer ball!" This quote from Perry Noble struck me today. It sums up our theme from Sunday too. Not just for our kids but for all our relationships.
(9) Maria and Esra rocked on Sunday night. :-) Their guitars complemented each other wonderfully.

Popular Posts