Lunch after church with a former sex worker


Today my family had lunch with a former sex worker who was trafficked to Bangkok. She is a Muslim woman who is considering becoming Christian.

A few months ago she fled from her traffickers. Friends from Intl Church helped her escape. Gave her a safe place to live. And are now trying to help bring the trafficker to justice as well as helping this woman get back to her home country. It's complicated, but she wants to go home because she has a child.

Over lunch we talked about the Bible. About God. About Jesus. She was talking like a Christian. She is coming to know the Bible and coming to know God in a new way... a Christian way. I think she is probably already a Christian but hesitates to admit it to herself. She knows there will be penalties to pay when she does go home.

I asked her how she came to the point of considering Christianity. She said, "Because Christian people helped me when I was in trouble."

That's worth thinking about. What if each of us helped just one person in need (in a sustained way over a period of time) each year? Imagine the impact on the world! This thought is challenging me. Tomorrow I'm gonna help somebody.

Popular Posts