Sunday's Over and Loy Krathong Has Arrived


Here's the link to yesterday's sermon.

I don't have too much to comment on from yesterday's church.

* We enjoyed welcoming new members.

* It was good to have one of them lead the choir.

* I enjoyed meeting a few new folks (including one whose wedding I might perform in December!).

What's really on my mind right now is the Loy Krathong Festival which is tonight. It's one of my favorite holidays in Thailand. I think it was our first Loy Krathong in Thailand that included among other things: my wife Laura, my son Jake, myself, Mexican food, a restaurant full of prostitutes and their Johns. It was some of the best Mexican food I've had in Thailand. The big dilema of the night was whether to let the hostess look after our 1 year old son while Laura and I enjoyed dinner!

Tonight will be a very different Loy Krathong. Loy Krathong was originally a Hindu festival that was adapted by Thai Buddhists but still makes use of a river goddess. Tonight, as a church, we will further adapt the festival to reflect on Jesus as "light of the world", our own sinfulness, and our forgiveness and redemption in Christ.

Meeting at Benjasiri Park (next to Emporium Shopping Center) at 7:30pm. Email me if you are coming so I know to look for you!

Popular Posts