Why I've Been Blogging Less

I have tons of ideas for blogs. But I'm already preaching, leading Bible studies, writing a monthly newsletter article, writing a weekly e-new note and doing some other writing. That's a lot of writing. I follow some other pastors who SEEM to produce so much more than that, but I realize they are not teaching their home group, teaching Sunday school or preaching every week. Their blogs are often not tied to recent news which leads me to believe they are pre-writing on the weeks they aren't preaching. AND some of them have a team of writers working with them.

I see things I'd like to write about but think - I'll do it later. I have this deadline (on any given day usually no further away than two days).

One of the things I've learned and am working on is not working all the time. I'm good at it in some ways. Stepping away from the computer. Avoiding endless meetings. Etc.... But I'm not good at disconnecting emotionally and mentally. I'm realizing that I need to stop THINKING about work sometimes.

I need to sit down and ENJOY a game of "snakes and ladders" with my 6 year old son.

I need to take my 2 year old daughter to playland and actually play with her rather than pay someone 50 baht to watch her while I sit and read.

I need to go to dinner with my wife and NOT talk about church.

I need to spend time with friends from church that is NOT related to work. Just to enjoy one another's company. We can talk about God, but not church.

I need to do these things. And I'm doing them more now than I did two years ago. And that's one reason I'm not blogging as much.

Popular Posts