3 funniest comments after the sermon yesterday after I talked about the ipad 2

The things people say to pastors after sermons are sometimes funny sometimes tragic. Yesterday I concluded the sermon by lamenting the fact that I was really tempted to buy an ipad2, but that I don't feel like getting one would be a very God-honoring use of money for me.

I pointed out that I wasn't criticizing the ipad. And I didn't mean to say that anyone who DID get one was doing Satan's work ^-^, but I also pointed out that I wasn't NOT saying that either. ^-^

Anyway - people took the illustration as the serious joke that it was. Here are the top 3 comments from after the sermon.

(1) You know who really needed to hear that sermon... and then named someone who was not the person speaking. ^-^ (Seriously - this is right out of a cartoon! God is never talking to ME in sermons, always talking to me about someone else's issues.)

(2) My boss told me that if I could get someone to bring at ipad2 from the states that he'd not only pay for it, but put $300 USD on top for the carrier. (This was a way of telling me that I COULD in fact get one. Thanks for putting me STRAIGHT into temptation's path. I thinking about it. ^-^)

(3) Now that the ipad2 is out, you can get a discounted ipad1 which is still pretty cool but you'll be able to say you didn't cave to the temptation of getting the latest and shiniest. You got one second hand. (I don't really want an ipad1, but now I'm eagerly awaiting the release of ipad3. ^-^)

Popular Posts