Coke and Candy Fast

A couple of people have asked how my "coke and candy fast" has been going. It's going, but not as well as at the beginning. Here's a rundown of the last three weeks.

Week 1 - I actually came down with a virus AND we went out of town. The two obstacles combined made me weak. So that Monday - Friday I probably averaged 1 coke per day and a candy every other day. About 1500 calories I didn't want or need. But it's comfort food.

Week 2 - I was still recovering from the virus. And I was under extra stress about some pastoral issues. Again I turned to comfort food. No candies, but coke on average once a day.

(I should note that this is a big reduction from previous habits of 3 or 4 cokes on average everyday.

Week 3 - this week - I have no excuses. 1 coke a day so far.

I'm committed to getting back to 1 coke per week Monday - Friday. And I think I'm going to have to cut back binge weekends. The coke has stayed reduced, but the candies have been out of control. I also need to find a way not to substitute my coke addiction for apple juice or au bon pain iced lemon tea. I suspect both have as much sugar as coke. And excess sugar is really what I'm addicted to. I couldn't care less about the caffeine.


Popular Posts