How a sermon series came to be?


It all started a few years ago in Atlanta, GA. A guy named Andy preached a series called "On Location" about being Christian wherever you are. He used Genesis 18 and Matthew 5.

Then a couple of years ago a friend of a friend who knows Andy well called him and said, "Can I use your stuff? I think I can do better." Andy said, "Yes" and the series was preached (differently) in LA.

Then last year a friend of mine called the guy in LA and said, "Great series. I can do better. Do you mind if I borrow some stuff?" LA guy said, "no problem." And the series was preached in a Washington, DC suburb. Washington, DC pastor posted the outline with links to Andy's original series on his blog.

About six months ago I saw it. I thought. "That would make an interesting series in Bangkok." And "I think I can do better." So I filed the idea away. Then two months ago when I was planning series for post-Easter 2009, I decided, "I think now's the time." And here we are. Along the way, everyone has added their own unique stamp. I certainly will as well. There are different points being made. Different applications. You might not even recognize the original series now. But (I think) the core idea has stayed the same. So a big 'thank you' to Andy from Atlanta for getting us started.

THIS Sunday: Genesis 18.
Did you know that YOUR presence in your office, home, organization, family, school, even church might be giving God hope for the future of that place?! Come find out why it is so important that we are 'salt and light' wherever we are.

Popular Posts