The no good very bad Sunday

I'm writing on Sunday afternoon before ICB's evening worship. You've heard of the "no good, very bad day"?

It all started on Thursday. Thursday went well. I went to Muay Thai. Reggie came with me. He's going to be a Muay Thai star. The trainers were excited. They DID say he wouldn't be allowed back if he ever cut his hair. Yikes.

Anyway - Muay Thai Thursday went great. I felt good and finally felt like I was kicking correctly.

Then Friday I went to play golf and pulled a neck muscle somehow. Not bad mind you, but a little. What I want to know though is: who manages Muay thai without getting injured and THEN gets hurt playing GOLF? I can't tell anyone my neck is stiff because I don't want to have to explain a GOLF injury.

Friday dinner? Nice.

Saturday? Fine.

Then today. There have been bright spots, but....

At our 9:00 am Seminar - the sound / Video screen guy didn't show until 9:20. (Did I mention it started at 9:00?) This kind of thing really messes me up. I beg and plead to get people there for a high quality presentation and then... something out of my control really cuts into the effectiveness.

Because the sound guy didn't show until 9:20, there was no opportunity for a sound check before the service and thus I didn't find out until I started preaching that my mic wasn't set properly. For anyone who is a speaker - you know... this is really frustrating.

Finally - we had a really nice new music number AND it was executed well, but could have been thought out better to integrate into the service. Felt a little stop and go.

Lunch after church? Great.

Evening worship? Still to come, but I'm hopeful.

UPDATE: Evening worship went much smoother. Always a blessing to listen to Den play worship songs on guitar!

Popular Posts