Christians, don't fear your doubts

I realize this is a day late. Sorry. Still jet lagged a bit and was suffering yesterday.

Sunday kicked off the first of a four part series on doubts and faith. My premise is that doubt has been seen too negatively within Christianity. I think if you look at some of the most famous doubters and skeptics of the Bible and pay attention to how God treats them, you'll see that doubt is not the opposite of faith.

Here's a link to the intro sermon.

Here are some other observations about Sunday.

(1) It was great to be back at ICB after two weeks away. I really do miss my church when I am away. I love to visit other churches, but they just don't feel like home. You know what I mean?

(2) I felt right at home as I arrived to find huge scaffolding blocking the entrance to our worship area with painters everywhere making the entire area smell of paint. Ah the joys of being a small renter in a big house.

(3) Credit to the painters and to Arunee and Amy who successfully cleaned the area up pretty good.

(4) Credit to Welmer who is very flexible when the choir goes from 10 to 2 in one Sunday for no apparent reason. Still waiting for some folks to return from vacation.

(5) Credit to Den also for being very flexible.

(6) I am overwhelmed by the courage everyone has. We had a small crowd, but a nice one nonetheless.

(7) Evening Worship was smaller (25 people) but very lively. Some who came had to argue with their taxi drivers to come into the area. Every night for the last month there have been rumors of a military "crackdown" on the protesters who are hanging out about two city blocks from our location. The parking garage across the street from our worship area is FULL of soldiers. My guess - 1000 soldiers are living there. In order to get to worship I had to pass at least 200 heavily armed men. A mixture of police and soldiers. You can understand why some people are a little nervous about showing up. But we did. And we worshiped. And God showed up (He isn't afraid) and inspired us.

(8) I started feeling the affects of jetlag about the preaching time on Sunday night. The evening sermon went about 10 minutes longer than the morning one did. I don't know why. A little scary. Wonder what I said? :(

Popular Posts