The hiddenness of God is a gift

We've all had those experiences where God seemed absent. Most of the time we think of those as a curse. I'd like to suggest they are a gift. Here's a different way to think about it. Sermon from Sunday.

Here are a few other thoughts from Sunday

* Great to have 9 voices in the choir. Sounds better when there are more voices.
* I continue to be inspired and challenged by the faith of some of the members of the church who go through great hardships to be with us on Sundays. Wow.
* I was great to talk to someone about being baptized yesterday (that was Monday, not Sunday, but I wanted to get it in somewhere). I love it when people (re)discover their faith.
* Evening church was very small Sunday. I hate that. The protests are killing our attendance (morning down 30% since protests started and evening down about 50% and this past Sunday down about 75%). It was a little tense on the street outside the guest house. The solders were not sitting around playing cards. They were at high alert.
* In spite of low attendance, we had a great spirit. Wonderful worship and fellowship.
* I'm sad for those who are staying away. I know it's killing most of them!

Popular Posts