A link to Sunday's Sermon

Here's a link to the sermon from Sunday.

A few random thoughts.

*It was good to see a couple of friends back from long school break vacations. I hope to see many more people back soon plus a bunch of newcomers as well.
*Enjoyed getting to know Carl, Denise and Nathan after church in the morning and Andrew, Kean Huh and Huynh Ba Mai after church in the evening.
*I really do believe what Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote "the church is the church only in so far as it exists for others."
*And I really do believe you can personalize that too "a christian is a christian only in so far as he/she exists for others."
*I didn't say this, but it would be wonderful to have the congregation DEMAND that the preferences, interests and comforts of nonmembers take priority in how we design the things we do.
*I did describe how to take communion in the evening if you are a germ-a-phobe. And NO I didn't plan that out. If I'd have thoughts about it ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have suggested that you can fake chewing the body of Christ to fit in. :(
*The airline was Delta for anyone who wants to know.

Grace and peace.

Popular Posts