Why Did You Come to Church?

Sunday was amazing in all sorts of ways. Here's the sermon link.

Here are some of the highlights.

* Check out the video of "What Wondrous Love Is This" on Sunday. I'll embed it here when I get a chance, but it was just fabulous. There is a story behind how it happened that contains some humor and some God-ness. Right now it's on Facebook under the International Church of Bangkok page, my private account and Alice Law's account. The Youtube version hasn't made it up yet.
* We enjoyed hearing the group "Oxygen" again. They have such great music. I wish I had a video of that too.
* We finally had guitar and piano playing together in a way that worked on "Days of Elijah"
* The children's story was excellent
* K Dang gave a great presentation about what different Concordia is making in Bangna Slum.
* And the evening worship service was likewise fabulous. The energy in the room was outstanding and we took up two whole tables on the street for dinner.
* The highlight of dinner was that the food vendor mistook me for a Korean guy who she proceeded to refer to at Japanese. ^-^
* Highlight from the sermon? I really do think there is a sacrificial element to worship. And I wonder why so many of us are so allergic to making even small sacrifices... like requesting a different appointment time, or saying "no" to party invitation... I'm pretty sure God would be disappointed.

God bless.

Popular Posts