Satan took control

Many of my friends and congregation members expressed concern yesterday about my mental state. It's true I was in mourning after the morning colapse of my beloved North Carolina Tarheels in the NCAA tournament. It's clear now that God's team has been eliminated that Satan is firmly in control of the tournament. I've suspected this for a long time, but in 2005 there was a ray of hope! Not anymore.

How can a team that consistently shot over 50% from the field go 1 for their last 23 shots!? Coincidence? I think not. Satan? Maybe. I've read reports that Georgetown, supposedly a Catholic school, has been watering down the gospel for years. In fact, this year it was reported that G'town actually placed a ban on some Christian groups who had the audacity to invite/challenge other students to practice Christianity! A novel idea for a Catholic University. Just further evidence of Satan's influence.

Most of this post is in jest; however, don't dismiss the entire argument without examining the facts. :) 1 for 23? Truth is I preached on Sunday about how easy it is for things that we love in life, good things, things that God created for our enjoyment, how easy it is for these very things to become idols. NC Basketball is probably a danger zone for me. (I'm only half joking. What else would get me up at 4am to listen to a game!?) Thankfully I've been relieved of my idol for at least another season.

Popular Posts