When did you become a Christian?

Someone asked me when I became a Christian. Since I'm a pastor, you'd think I'd be ready for that one. But I hate that question!

Why? Because I can't pinpoint the hour or the place. I can't remember ever NOT knowing Jesus. My other issue is I don't have an amazing story. I was never a drug dealer. I never killed anyone. My transformation consists of cleaning up my language (boring) and avoiding common teenage pitfalls. God saved me more from what could have been than what was.

But in some circles that's not enough. In some circles not being able to pinpoint a time and a place makes you suspect. Not being able to show a dramatic 'before and after' picture makes one suspect. So when I stumbled across this quote today, while continuing to slog through the 800 page biography of Charles Spurgeon, I was BLOWN AWAY.

"I can't really honestly remember the day I was born, but I know that I am alive."

Truer words have not been uttered!

Popular Posts