Count the cost


I often pass this building on my way home from the Skytrain nearest my house. There is another, bigger one just a few hundred meters down the street. They both started building fast and then stopped. The bigger one still has a guard at the entrance, but no workers in the last couple of months. This one doesn't even have a guard.

I suspect that the developer can't get banks to continue to provide loans in the current economy.

After the financial crisis in Thailand in the last 1990s, the city was left with half finished buildings all over. Many of them are still standing. Everyone vowed, never again. I guess greed won out.

I shudder to think how many people's faith look just like these empty buildings. It gets off to a good start. Decent foundation. Gets built up. But then some sort of crisis hits. Long hours at work. A great relationship. A new opportunity to make a few friends. And wham. The building stops. Or it slows to a crawl.

Jesus said to build our faith carefully, consistently. Count the cost. Examine what is needed. And then get to it without compromise. How is your faith building going?

Popular Posts