When it rains

So I innocently scheduled a lunch with one of my worship leaders in our evening worship service. We dutifully went to lunch. Had great food. Good conversation and watched a huge storm rage outside. Note: when I left home, it was sunny. While we listened to the rain and talked, it let up and I thought "Good. I'd hate to have to ride my motorcycle home in that!" I knew there was a downside to having a motorbike in the rain.

What I didn't count on was the flooding! Sukhumvit, the main road and only one I could use to get home, was more than ankle deep in some places.


What's the big deal you say? Aside from worrying about just HOW deep it is. You have to deal with the spray from cars going past, other motorbikes and your own bike. AND (much more importantly) when traffic comes to a stop (which it does frequently) you have no place to put your feet to balance the bike. You have to just suck it up and put your feet in the water!!!!

The storms of life are like that. You can anticipate the problems they will bring sometimes. But other times they just surprise you. You have no place to hide. You can't avoid them. There is no place to put your feet. You just have to suck it up and put your foot down.

May God give you the strength and courage to suck it up when you need to. Otherwise - you tip over - which I saw two people do today and they got all wet! LOL

Popular Posts