Preaching that connects with everyday life

Most pastor's will tell you our job is emotionally, physically and spiritually tiring. That's true sometimes. And then sometimes it's the most uplifting job imaginable. I had one of those times this week that I want to share. This is the kind of stuff that gets me EXCITED about ministry.

We have a mother and her teenage daughter who attend our services. The teenager prioritizes church like I wish most of our members would. I was touched by an essay she wrote for school.

She talks about her initial interest in coming to church because she couldn't respond to a question about 'religion and science' during an English exam. Here's what she wrote, "I found I did not know much about religion much less the relation between science and religion. In order to know about religion I started going to church and learned the biblical tales the Pastor associated with our everyday lives. Church activity gave me a chance to volunteer at the [an] orphanage and made me more involved with people outside of school."

As far as I know, this young woman has not become a "Christian". We are praying for that. But she has learned some about the bible. Bible "tales" as she says. She has learned that the bible is practical. And she's learned a bit about service.

I love stuff like this!

Popular Posts