Earth Day and Concordia and Misc....

Just wanted to update a few things going on...

(1) Yesterday was Earth Day. It's a day to inspire awareness and appreciation for the earth. I think God would be happy with that since he spent six days creating it. As a church we'll celebrate on Sunday morning by unveiling a piece of art the kids have contributed to. It's a great week to bring the whole family to church.

(2) This Sunday is also a day of partnership with Concordia Ministries. Among other things they work in the Bangna slum community providing better options for children and their families. Come hear how they have helped kids overcome their fear of ghosts. (I kid you not!)

(3) On my vacation last week healthy eating/drinking went totally out the window. I drank tons of Coca Cola (which if you follow this blog you know I am struggling to contain) and I ate tons of junk including (McDonalds, Ice-Cream, Snickers bars and Kit kats). Yesterday I got back on the bandwagon. I had less than 16oz of Coke and didn't eat any candy. It was supposed to be a no coke Wednesday, but I failed at lunchtime. Tomorrow is supposed to be a no-Coke Friday. We'll see how it goes.

(4) Tomorrow is also Muaythai Friday. I missed it last week because of the holiday. I missed it last week 'cause it's fun.

(5) I've had some great time in prayer over the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to that continuing.

(6) We have our quarterly Church leadership meeting on Sunday. Pray for that. We have a great group of leaders and a wonderful 'spirit' in our church. Pray that continues. We have some exciting opportunities and I'm not sure where God will lead us. Looking forward to finding out.

(7) Please continue to pray for peace and justice in Thailand. We have a severely divided country. I do not believe a hasty peace will accomplish much. There needs to be more work than that. There needs to be sense on both sides of the ailse that justice has been served and that better days are ahead. I'm praying that neither side in this conflict 'wins' and that neither side 'loses', but that all sides are transformed.

Popular Posts