Red Shirts are NOT everywhere

Contrary to the press reports the entire city of Bangkok is NOT in chaos. It does appear some parts of the city are with soldiers and redshirts clashing violently. But I just went to the gym and here is a small sample of what I saw.


This is the Eastern Bus Terminal. No "red shirts" here.


This is looking down Sukhumvit from Ekkamai toward Thong Lor. No "red shirts" here.

This is Thong Lor looking onto Sukhumvit. No "red shirts" here.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of "red shirts" and I'm not saying they aren't causing huge disruptions and won't ultimately cause a change of government. But I am saying that there aren't any "red shirts", soldiers or tanks in my neighborhood. If I wasn't watching the news - I wouldn't know what was going on.

I didn't get any photos but people all up and down Ekkamai, Thong Lor and the surrounding streets were throwing water at each other in traditional Songkran fun.

Popular Posts